Welcome to my blog. Preparing for the last Cardboard Hurrah

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

A tale of 3 pieces of wayward cardboard.

I'm a sucker but I'm also a shepherd. I respect all cardboard. I may not bring it into my flock but I love it all and believe every card has a home somewhere....This leads me to this sad tale.

Exiting Wal Mart today, albeit not for cards(WILL NEVER DO THAT AGAIN), I glanced at the ground and saw an MVP  and two wide receivers on the ground. I don't believe 2011 Score has been out that long, definitely not long enough to be discarded on the ground.  Maybe seeing a 1987 Tom Herr on the ground wouldn't have been such a shocker.  I found three singles from the Score football set mangled in the parking lot and for whatever reason I rescued them.  I don't know what their fate will be but it will be better than being run over by cars and stomped on by every Wal Mart inhabitant.

Welcome to the family fellas!

2 comments:

  1. You done a good deed rescuing those poor abandoned forgotten cards. You will be rewarded by good things from the cardboard gods at some point in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I once rescued a Fleer All Star card of Latrell Spreewell while riding my bike.

    ReplyDelete